5 years in the past Marcos Contreras (Seville, 1985), goalkeeper and captain of the CD Ibiza Islas Pitiusas, turned a type of guys that the nationwide press went in search of within the Copa del Rey qualifiers each time they confronted a First Division, to ask if he’ll be capable to sleep that night time, or who he’s going to ask for the shirt of the sport of his life. However destiny has wished Marcos Contreras to have already performed a whole lot of matches in his life. “There are 20 already, what It is not dangerous in any respect for a Second B and Third goalkeeper”.
– It is best to take the balls out of the draw.
– In the event that they requested me! However I used to be happening Christmas holidays to Seville and there was no return AVE.
When he was captain and goalkeeper of Formentera, he confronted the Sevilla, Alavs and Athletic Bilbao, who they eradicated by profitable at San Mams, after they have been nonetheless taking part in a double sport. Now, because the captain of the neighboring island workforce, survivor of the Second RFEF, he had a workforce to play within the Tremendous Cup.
– And who did you need?
– For the followers, for the kids of the membership, and all that, I most popular Bara or Madrid. However for me, selfishly, I’m excited to face Betis. I might not have preferred to retire with out going through Betis.
If Betis ought to know one thing, it’s that tomorrow an important factor is to not go to penalties towards Marcos Contreras. In his lengthy profession within the Copa del Rey, it may be mentioned that this has occurred 4 heats. That’s to say, all during which it has reached the batch. And evidently it continues to be his specialty as a result of this season they’ve already thrown three at him and he has stopped two.
– Any tips?
– I am fairly intuitive. It has a number of issues, the participant’s profile, their hitting approach, if they’re, for instance, good centerers, they do not normally do it crossed however to the pure facet, if they’re midfielders with an excellent inside contact they have a tendency to do it to the unnatural facet with the inside open, I do not know, a whole lot of instinct.
Marcos was going to be a tennis participant. His brother Sergio turned knowledgeable, and within the city home a tennis courtroom. However Marcos at all times wished to be the Betis goalkeeper when he grew up. It was his grandfather’s workforce, former president of the Ayamonte Soccer Membership, and of his father, who was first a health care provider in Villanueva del Río and Minas, and because it appeared little to him, he ‘resurrected’ the soccer workforce.
– Who was your idol as a baby?
– I did not have one, however they mentioned I appeared like caizares… by gestures, the towel.
– And now older?
– The one I’ve at all times preferred probably the most is Buffonhowever to today, for me, the perfect is Courtoisthough I at all times say the identical factor, relying on which workforce, for instance, for Bara it’s higher Ter Stegen that Courtois.
Marcos Contreras grew up within the Betis academy, got here to play towards Messi in youth and I scored three objectives. “It was one of the crucial stunning issues that has occurred to me in my life. It was in a pleasant match in Nerja in 2003. He was 16 and we have been 18, and he danced however badly. We misplaced 3-1, we began profitable, then I acquired two and he assisted the third. It was very tough. That they had a free kick on the sting of the realm and as an alternative of capturing they gave it to the goal and commenced to haggle with the individuals. A loopy factor. I keep in mind coming residence and saying to my associates: ‘I’ve confronted one which’s going to be the kind aimar‘. The next 12 months was when he debuted.
On the age of 17 they started to advertise him to the primary workforce, together with Prats, Gaspercic Y Toni Doblashowever Marcos ended up within the Alcal de Segunda B, after which in Regional in Formentera the place, on the finish of the video games, he accomplished his wage by cleansing the altering rooms.
– And why did not you arrive?
– Usually to this query individuals normally say that if the purpose of luck, however that’s the straightforward means. You must have some extent of luck and a whole lot of work. I did not have self-discipline, I might inform you, till I used to be 28 or 30 years previous. I lived in Seville, I went out, I had dinner, for me it was regular. I didn’t have the sacrifice that skilled soccer requires. And I see that now, as a result of on the time I did not see it. I do know it is true that there was a 12 months, after I was 17, that I skilled as soon as every week with the primary workforce, and the factor at all times caught with me that if Vctor Fernndez, who was the coach, had continued the next season… Effectively, all these items that I am telling you that going out and moving into would have made them much less. It might have modified my life, however I am telling you now that I signal the life I’ve had, and it will not change something.
His first expertise with a Primera was a derby, no less than for him. In opposition to Sevilla within the first stage of Sampaoli.
– How do you reside that in a locker room?
– We dwell it previous feelings, with a whole lot of nervousness. In actual fact We entered the sector and after ten seconds we had already taken a penalty. We went overboard. The sport already has a brutal emotional cost and the coach, with the perfect of intentions, put the household within the locker room earlier than the sport…
– And the way are the First Division gamers behaving with you?
– Very nicely as a common rule, with a lot respect.
And people of Athletic? The one they eradicated in a double tie, profitable 0-1 at San Mams with a nook aim within the 96th minute. “Once I went to ask for it, everybody had already left, however since I had made the providing (floral to the bust of Pichichi, as captain, as a result of it was the primary time that Formentera performed in San Mams) the delegate requested me for mine, as a result of apparently the shirts of those that make the providing keep there, after which he requested me, which one would you like. It was simply when kepa Chelsea was going to signal him, and I requested him for Kepa’s.”
Within the information they took out Marcos with unattainable saves to aduriza Iaki Williamsa ral garcabut in addition going as much as end off and yelling at a teammate: “We’re going to put it in, we’re going to put it in, what a dream.”
– And did you dream it?
– I at all times visualize the matches, the issues which can be going to occur, I think about stopping, that all the things goes nicely. For them it was a foul drink, however they have been additionally very elegant and really respectful. I keep in mind that after I acquired up from the bottom to rejoice with my colleagues, on the best way I bumped into Ral García, who is legendary for… such, and fairly the alternative, he shook my hand, instructed me that we had deserved it, that he we loved ourselves, and that we had been higher, it was very elegant in defeat.
This 12 months the Ibiza Islas Pitiusas aspired to promotion to the First RFEF, however is in relegation locations. “Possibly that was one of many first errors, having too excessive expectations and never going one step at a time.” Now they’ve eradicated Eibar 1-0, and that the sport is hardly performed as a result of The sunshine went out earlier than it began since its discipline doesn’t have the mandatory lighting energy, amongst many different defects for a sport of this stage to be performed. The opposite workforce within the metropolis, UD Ibiza from the Second Division, created by the previous president of Valencia Amadeo Salvo, signed an settlement with the Metropolis Council and stored his discipline. Now there are two groups: the pink Ibiza and the blue Ibiza. A Metropolis and a United islanders however very badly matched. As a result of CD Ibiza, the pink one, should play their matches in what is called the “Athletics observe” of the city, additionally reformed by Amadeo Salvo for the coaching periods of his Ibiza, with altering rooms in development cubicles, and during which town’s historic workforce should pay lease to play. “The employees really feel mistreated by their Metropolis Council, by its mayor and by its Councilor for Sports activities, and I say it overtly. I’m not getting into into the talk with the UD, which appears out for its pursuits, and with which I’ve no drawback, however we’re the one non-professional membership in Spain to which its Metropolis Council doesn’t give a free various to have the ability to play.
Someday they got here and so they had taken the goalkeepers. One other, whereas they have been coaching, turned on the sprinklers, and one other started to mow the grass. “We dwell in a horrible state of affairs. In actual fact, there was a danger of one thing taking place, as a result of we have been coaching and so they put a garden mower on the sector. I assumed it was going to function a turning level so that every one the events might perceive one another, however because the one which has to mediate, which is the Metropolis Council, it does nothing, issues proceed to stagnate.” the sons of two former mayors of town, one from the PSOE and the opposite from the PP, Enric Tarrs Y Quique Fajarns. This Thursday, the Copa del Rey match will likely be performed on the “Athletics observe”, with capability for 1,000 spectators, contemplating that Amadeo Salvo’s UD is demanding an abusive value for the usage of its stadium, and the Metropolis Council has turned away. Betis itself and groups from Mallorca provided to surrender their amenities freed from cost, however ultimately the sport stays on the island.
– You’ve gotten been working with the quarries of the groups you may have been with for years and also you are actually 37 years previous. Do you contemplate your future working with kids?
– I really like kids, and I’ve been working with kids for greater than half my life, however I want to prepare adults. I have already got the title of nationwide coach. I’ve a whole lot of respect for the career and I do not know if it’s going to work, however I suppose and hope so.
– How do you reside the earlier hours?
– Effectively, I have never been nervous for a very long time, with a brutal phantasm and I savor it loads as a result of I do not know when it will likely be the final.